Catching some of the red carpet coverage Sunday night… I loved the amazing dresses and tuxedos. Everyone (for the most part) looked so glamorous. Except for the few who forgot (I’ll assume they forgot) they had gum in their mouth.
There they were, all dressed up, heading into the biggest awards show in town, the Oscars… and all I could see was…their mouth… chomp, chomp, chomping… on gum. (If I were a designer, I’d add ‘no gum chewing while wearing my design’ to their contracts!)
Now don’t get me wrong, I enjoy gum every now and then; and yes, the management of Wrigley touts two centuries of research finding many benefits of chewing gum. But whether your work is on the red carpet or something a bit more 9-5… save the smacking for the privacy of your car or cubicle (aka: by yourself). You want others to focus on the many talents you bring to the table. Don’t let ‘bubble blowing’ be one of them.
Early Bird Registration for 5-8th Grade Programs
Many of you have asked about the registration process for the 2014-2015 season. Each year we build on the previous year as we add to the curriculum. We have many students who continue with us each season, from our Level 5 (5th grade) program through our Passport (High School) Program. Our goal with the continuous exposure, and gentle reminders, of the courtesies we teach over consecutive years – is to assist you in raising well-mannered young adults.
- Continued Exposure: Just as continued exposure to athletics and school homework reaps rewards; continued exposure to the social skills taught in our program will provide lifelong lessons that will benefit your child throughout the classroom and into the boardroom.
- Benefits and Rewards: One of the biggest rewards of our students returning year after year, is the virtual ‘light bulb’ that seems to turn on and stay on; the students are really starting to get it and they are very proud of themselves. Their confidence is building.
We’ve highlighted some of our graduating seniors on my blog at www.CareySueVega.com/?s=senior+spotlight
5-8th Grade Levels:
We encourage you to register early to take advantage of the $100 ‘returning family early bird’ discount. Regular tuition for the 2014-2015 season will be $425. Early Bird Discounts are:
- Returning Families, $325 before March 1
- New Families, $375 before April 30
- 5-8th Grade registration online via: https://www.expeditionsinetiquette.com/registration
9-12th Grade Levels:
Registration is open and will continue with the Early Bird discount into the fall. Register early to avoid the waiting list.
- 9-12th Grade registration online via: https://www.expeditionsinetiquette.com/passport-high-school-registration
The highest compliment you can give us is a referral to your friends and coworkers. Please share our registration and contact information with any families you think might be interested in participating in our program.
Party Pics… Don’t miss out on the Party Pics from all of the events. Here is the link: http://www.oklahomapartypics.com/Q/Proofs.aspx?GroupID=20393&Key=9D74D3