As we are gearing up for a winter snowstorm to hit Oklahoma today, I thought it would be good to revisit our “Winter Weather” manners.
- Check on the elderly…
- Call to make sure they’re OK and offer your assistance.
- If you’re able to get out, offer to take them food.
- Offer to shovel their walk or drive.
- When driving, keep a safe distance.
- This is no time for road rage, or impatience.
- Do your best to clear the snow from your vehicle. It’s a bit unnerving (not to mention dangerous) to have a sheet of ice fly off the top of the car in front of you and smash into your windshield.
- Be extra polite to the service providers who may be…
- trying to get your electricity turned back on
- trying to deliver your mail
- trying to keep the entrance to your office building cleared
Stay warm and be safe. Spring is coming – hopefully soon according to the groundhog.
photo courtesy of KFOR